cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are all the additional changes to implement FQDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have installed PI 711 ehp1. I am having issues while launching ESR. This is the error I am getting

Unable to load resource: http://myhost:50000/rep/repository/com.sap.xpi.ibrep.client.jar. I am trying to implement FQDN. I made the following changes (myhost ==>myhost.com)

1. added the fqdn in the hosts file on server and client.

2. added the icm/host_name_full to the profile

3. changes the host name in exchange profile for all the host name perms.

What are all the other changes to make to make to complete FQDN. Is there any sap note that talk about FQDN for PI.

Thanks

Moni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

After doing all these changes have you restarted the server? If you have done any changes in exchange profile you need to restart the XI/PI server.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suraj, I did restart of the whole system (at SAP level and os level.) Still some of the links pointing to myhost but not myhost.com. What else I am missing.

Moni

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

>>Still some of the links pointing to myhost but not myhost.com. What else I am missing.

Some links!!! you need to identify where all you are facing this problem and wherever it is you need to update (ether in exchange profile or abap stack etc..) I cannot say the exact area to do this update (this will depend on your application which you are trying to access)

Regards

Suraj

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure you have entered your FQHN in all your exchange profile parameters. Refresh the exchange profile parameters using the integration builder's Administration page.

Also ensure that the Adapter Engine registers itself at the SLD using its fully qualified hostname. The Adapter Engines hostname is read by the Runtime Workbench for accessing e.g. AEu2019s Message Monitoring. In the Visual Administrator chose

Server u2192 Services u2192 SAP AF CPA Cache and enter the value for the parameters

u2022 SLD.selfregistration.hostname

u2022 SLD.selfregistriation.httpPort

u2022 SLD.selfregistriation.httpsPort.

Use the fully qualified hostname.Save the changes and restart the Service. Trigger a new Adapter Engine registration at the SLD. In the Visual Administratoru2019s left handed frame select Server u2192 Services u2192 Deploy and choose Applications. Restart the applications

u2022 com.sap.aii.af.cpa.app

u2022 com.sap.aii.af.app

or restart J2EE Engine.

Check that the Self Registration was successful and that the fully qualified hostname is available. Start transaction XI_CACHE and select Goto u2192 AE Cache. Delete the current entry for the Adapter Engine. When a message is sent to the

Adapter Engine the entry is reread from the SLD. Verify that the full qualified hostname is used in the Adapter Engine URL.

Verify that the full qualified hostnames are stored in the SLD:Access the SLD and navigate to Content Maintenance. Select Class:XI Adapter Framework and the Associated Instances (Assocu2019s) for your Adapter Engine. On the following screen select Basic URLs of Adapter Engine on <host> in section XI Adapter Hosted HTTP Service Ports. Verify that the full

qualified hostnames are used for URL and SecureURL.

Please check SAP Note 804124 and 773830 for more details.

Br,

Kenneth

Answers (0)