cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM on MDM 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to monitor a file existence in MDM 5.5 system. I use the SAPCCMSR method described in Interface Monitoring setup guide available on the marketplace (quick link BPM) which recommends to use the 'Other CCMS Monitor' type in BPM.

When i refer to BPM Setup Guide also available on the marketplace, it is said that (and I quote):

"Unlike all other Monitoring Types the Other CCMS Monitoring provides the opportunity to assign MTEs from other Systems than the one system the actual business process step is assigned to.

As an example you could be interested in monitoring the availability from a Portal system that possesses no CCMS but is included as one business process step in your business process. Now you could use one MTE in the CCMS of the SAP Solution Manager to monitor the heartbeat of the Portal. You could then assign the corresponding alert via Other CCMS Monitoring to business process step running on the Portal system."

I guess that what is meant is that I can described a process step in MDM, and assign the corresponding MTE of CCMS of the SAP Solution Manager. But in my Solman 7.0 EhP1 I have no 'Other CCMS Monitor' but only 'CCMS Monitor' type and when I try to select it for my process step in MDM, i have the following error message 'Unable to retrieve CCMS Contexts from remote system ', which i understand.

The BPM guide was issued in november 2007 for ST-SER 700_2007_1 and mine is ST-SER 701_2008_2 so I guess that it has changed and the doc is not up to date.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphane.

Do you get such a error during setup phase ? Or Monitoring phase ?

(when you put MTE path in your monitoring setup ?)

If it is the setup phase, first of all, I suspect RFC connection.

For other monitoring object like Application monitor,

could you load monitoring object from satellite system ?.

If it is not a problem, I also check whether your system has recommended

SAP Notes for BPMon already as described in Note 521820.

(Since you are ST-SER 701_2008_2, you might need to implement following notes

at least when you start working with BPMon. I recommend you to check note

521820).

1319473 SAPKITLOQ3 (ST-SER 701_2008_2 SP 3)

1332197 SAPKITLOQ4 (ST-SER 701_2008_2 SP 4)

1355132 SAPKITLOQ5 (ST-SER 701_2008_2 SP 5)

1390111 SAPKITLOQ6 (ST-SER 701_2008_2 SP 6)

Also in case of CCMS monitoring, you also need Note 1293668.

Also please check the version and patch level of ST-PI(Your version is ST-PI 2008 ?)

And ST-A/PI(Your version is L ?) of your solman and stellite system.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima