Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue in HR: Manager has access to other employees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need to restrict access to HR reports to Users based on their group segment.

Situation I am facing is that a level 1 user(Segment manager) belonging to a particular Group segment is getting access to data of employees other than those belonging to his segment.

Also take in to consideration the fact that there are level 2 users that have authorisation to data of employees belonging to multiple group segments.

My req. is to restrict access of level 1 users to their own Group segment.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 18, 2009 9:22 PM

Subject title improved and moved to the security forum

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Did you check the roles assigned to this user. Go through the roles assigned to the user.

Look for the valrious P_* objects allocated to him in this role. You would be able to find one which will restrict the acceess you would want it to be. I cant say which object will restrict this, but you will have to see which one is allocating this access. If you are not sure you could create a replica of the user and do the same tasks while an anuthorization trace is on.

Hope this helps.

CP

0 Kudos

In addition to what CP recommended also check on the assigned authorization profile.