cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deploy and run J2EE application created in NWDS on NON SAP J2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have created a J2EE application in NetWeaver development studio(NWDS) this application use JCO to connect to my SAP ECC6.0. This application in deployed on mylocal J2EE server. My J2EE application has one web module(WAR file) and it is wrapped around Enterprise project(EAR file).

my question is how can i deploy and run this J2EE application on Jboss and tomcat. and which file(WAR or EAR) i need to deploy on JBOSS or Tomcat??

If i put this question on one line then it would be "How to Deploy and run SAP WAS J2EE application on non SAP WAS(like JBOSS,tomcat and others??"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michell,

Based on my knowledge, you should deploy the EAR file, the problem here is that itu2019s very probable that it will not work for you.

The reason for this is that the SAP NWDS uses several libraries and plug-ins created by SAP for the eclipse (NWDS). When you start creating your application (depending on its complexity) it is very probable that you are using some of these libraries, if so, when you successfully deploy your EAR into Tomcat, your application will not run because it will be missing the required libraries for it to work. But I might be wrong, give it a try and let me know.

In addition an EAR (Enterprise Application Archive) already should contain the WAR (Web Archive) archive that you created. Basically the WAR archive only contain the JSP or Servlets for your application including a deployment descriptor for the Web Container service of your J2EE engine, you bundle all of these files together in one file (WAR) and add that file into the EAR.

The EAR basically contain one or several WARu2019s and JARu2019s (Java Application Archives) this enables you to pack all of these in only one file representing your application.

Edited by: Sheldon Lipshitz on Dec 18, 2009 7:45 PM