cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to suppress RFC Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is IDOC --> RFC , where RFC is sending some response and that has to be suppressed in SAP PI.

can any one share your idea how to suppress with out using BPM.

is there any module to suppress the response??

Thank You,

Madhav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

should not create response mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

If you want to suppress the RFC response leave it unmapped. Design ur interface with just the request

-keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

it leaves a Red flag in Moni.... and i dont want that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure but try suppressing it in RD by giving some fake conditions. I mean when you get back the response from R3 to XI then put the conditons (which will never be true) on RD. So by this way your response will not be processed further.

Just give a try.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> it leaves a Red flag in Moni.... and i dont want that..

Are you trying a Schronous scenario? Confirm from your SAP counterpart (where the RFC is hosted) that the RFC is capable of working in Async mode (By default RFC is sync).... and there is no module to suppress the response.......either the target system should not send response (unless asked for) or it needs to be handled in XI/ PI using a BPM.

Leaving the response unmapped wont help you....it wont stop XI from forwarding the message to the source...no mapping just means that no transformation...processing still happens

Even specifying condition in RD will not be helpful as we give the condition for request message and not for response.....unless response does not come in a totally separate call (which is not the case here)

I hope you have designed the interfaces as Asynchronous!

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

your scenario is IDOC to RFC

Idoc Is Asyn and RFC is Syn by default. Have you used any module to capture the response from RFC otherwise how could the response be identified by IDOC suppressing is the next question?

This scenario can be very easily accomplished by designing a Syn Asyn bridge incase you are connecting two heterogenous systems. Thereafter you can suppress the RFC response.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

By setting a non response Rfc, you probably intend to have an asynchronous activity- meaning a one time activity?

you could always just convert the scenario to idoc to a webservice one? generate a webservice for the function module and generate the mapping- it would not send in a response

Otherwise you would have set the rfc at the receiver end as the inbound entry- asynch- and give a blank response- empty spaces