Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice to webservice scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please help me in solving the below queries

In SOAP TO SOAP Scenario Sender is one WSDL and Receiver is another WSDL,after completing Scenario we can generate a WSDL from XI Configuration->Define Webservices, if we test the WSDL then only the Data is getting transferred from Sender to Reciever.

Queries

My question is Without using XI System generated WSDL is there any way to trigger the Sender to send the data to Reciever

Another query is if it is Possible only with XI WSDL then how to trigger the Sender (SAP and NON-SAP)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether i get your question but Altova xml spy is a xmlpath and webservice tool which allows you to generate soap requests from your machine-

follow the webservice to webservice tutorial at saptechnical

The way it works is that the external webservice which is trying to access data from sap must connect to the xi webservice first, this service will have importing params and exporting params-

external soap request -> Xi soap--> rfc/webservice of function module

and then in return its vice versa- so your xi works as a middleware, it receives the request from external systems etc- and forwards it, it is not generating anything on its own-

this is for the scenario where an external system needs to start the event and get something back- synchronous

--

Now the case is when you wish to generate the starter event within sap- the starter event would be triggered through SPROXY- create a rfc or etc and then generate the wsdl for it- Not create the define web service from the utilities within the repository-

Sproxy allows you start the event and is based on the http adapter- alternatively like i said, you would have to use the webservice creation from utilities within SE37-I hope that clears up your question?

Edited by: Zeeshan Shah on Dec 23, 2009 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Use third pary tool Altova XML Syp and try sending ur requests to XI Server

-Keerhti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but sender WSDL file is provided by SAP. then we have to trigger in SAP system only right. then how we will trigger i dont know th business here

Thanks

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use HTTP client to trigger your scenario. Please check link below:

/people/vikas.aggarwal/blog/2009/09/30/http-client-for-sap-pi-windows-based-tool

Thanks,

Mayank