cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am in process of creating (copying) LONG TEXT available in routing from one plant to another. I have inserted function module (READ_TEXT) in LSMW to copy the existing text data. I am using function group STXD. One can see function module by SE37 and put the name as READ_TEXT.

Now my problem is it shows the entry in function module, but does not updating the routing in the end of LSMW. Any suggestions or ideas would be higly appreciated.

Since the data is huge for copying the long text, things cannot done manualy.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use LSMW to upload routing in two ways.

First option is use std SAP object. This will be somewhat difficult but very effective if you need to populate a lot of field and do material assignments and in process characteristics also.

Second option is to use batch input recording. Here you need to create a LSMW for header ( with one operation) & then create for operations.( remaining). Then you will need to create another ones for inp chars, PRTs and material assignments. This method is simple but more LSMWs are required. Choice is yours, It should depend on the amount of different screens you need to fill data.

Regards

muthuraman.d

Answers (0)