Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pubilc DC error

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting the following exception in DCs which use another public DC. In this case it is tryin to use another DC called InterfaceMgrComp :-

<i>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Cannot find repository information for component usage InterfaceMgrComp (Hint: Does a component usage of that name really exist?)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.createComponentUsage(Component.java:816)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getComponentUsageInternal(Component.java:460)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getComponentUsage(Component.java:448)

at com.ngl.bp.partner.appl.wdp.InternalPartnerRailShipRepListView.wdGetInterfaceMgrCompInterface(InternalPartnerRailShipRepListView.java:379)

at com.ngl.bp.partner.appl.PartnerRailShipRepListView.wdDoModifyView(PartnerRailShipRepListView.java:176)

... 28 more

See full exception chain for details.</i>

I normally get this error when I move the code to the next system.

Can some one help me in resolving this issue?/

Regards,

NArahari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Narahari,

Reason and Prerequisites

There can be many reasons for this error. More obvious reasons are not correctly build and deployed Web Dynpro DCs.

A qualified name (for a class, Web Dynpro Application, Web Dynpro Component) must be used only in one DC. The DC concept provides assigning packages uniquely to a DC for reaching this goal. However, the DC tools do not enforce this restriction. If a Web Dynpro Component (or Application) with the same qualified name is contained in more than one DC then deploying one of the DCs destroys the meta data in the runtime repository of the other DC.

Solution

Use unique names for all Web Dynpro Components and Applications.

Please refer to this thread:

Thanks,

Raj.

Message was edited by: Raj

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I did not understand the link between the issue discussed in the link you have provided and my issue.

My probelm is that I am getting the earlier mentioned exception when I use a public DC in any other DC.

For example, DC "A" uses DC "B". Then some times while moving DC B to the next system, I am getting this exception.

Please let me know whether i have made it clear.

Regards,

Narahari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to this note: 913829. I am not sure whether it is exactly relevant.

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (0)