cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native SQL Execution-> Dump Table Does Not Exists in DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have created a table in the Oracle Database DBTAB by logging into oracle directly.

Now I need to insert records in this table from ABAP report by using EXEC- ENDEXEC block.

But I am getting a dump saying-- "Table doesnot exists in the Database" alothough table has been created.

EXEC SQL.

INSERT INTO DBTAB@ifsap

(A,

B,

C,

D)

VALUES

(:a,

:b,

:c,

:d)

ENDEXEC.

I have tried table name as DBTAB as well as DBTAB@ifsapc also but the same error is coming.

Could you suggest?

Thanks

Depesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Depesh,

please let's start at the beginning again.

> we have created a table in the Oracle Database DBTAB by logging into oracle directly

In which schema was the table DBTAB created?

Was this table created in the same oracle database on which the SAP system is running?

> I have tried table name as DBTAB as well as DBTAB@ifsapc also but the same error is coming.

Again .. in which schema was the table created?

If you don't know the answers of the questions from above .. please run the following query and post the output:

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> SELECT OWNER, TABLESPACE_NAME FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'DBTAB';

Regards

Stefan

P.S.: By the way .. if you purchase the oracle license by SAP ... please keep sapnote #581312 (Point 3 and solution) in your mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response.

I can now access DBTAB.

1) Yes, Table is created in the same oracle version on which SAP is running and both are in the same schema

2) There is no need to create DBTAB in TA SE11 i.e if it is created in Oracle directly on which SAP is running, I can access it using Native SQL.

@ifsap or @ifsapc is used to maintain consitency if the devlopement and quality server having different backend DB version.

Issue: Problem was that the authorization was not extended to my ID to access this table.

Thanks

Depesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uwe_theisinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Depesh,

if you create a table via native SQL, this table is not known by SAP DDIC.

Try if you can see this table via TA SE11(For sure the table ist not visible).

You have to create the Table by SAP Code, not native SQL.

regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Are you sure that a table should be created from SAP TA. But then why I need native SQL and I could do operations directly of DDIC table.

But I need to access table that is there at the back end i.e not available to DDIC i.e need to use native SQL.

Can you suggest on this?

Thanks

Depesh

uwe_theisinger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I'm sure.

You have only acces on a Database Table via ABAP if this table is known by SAP DDIC.

Try TA SE11.

Nevertheless, if you wan't update Objects which are created by native SQL,

use also native SQL for dml.

Otherwise create the Object with ABAP or SAP Transactions.

have someone additional opinons?

regards

Uwe