Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Tree

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a request to display data in a hierarchy. Currently a SALV_WD_TABLE is used. I tried this with a TABLE_HIERARCHY/HIERARCHY_COLUMNS, but my customer isn't satisfied with this...

I need to ...

- display data in a line (not only a node as in the normal tree ui element)

- allow the selection of a node by the user (this isn't working with the SALV_WD_TABLE)

- display an icon as tree node

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks and best regards,

Alej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you display data in ALV hierarchy, teh master row..ie the header row cannot be selected and also we cannot fill the data at that row level..only leaf nodes can be selected..ie only those rows are selectable..

Edited by: Lekha on Dec 18, 2009 1:55 PM

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

what you mentioned is what I already tried. That's why I asked for an alternative!

Regards,

Alej

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have to display data in the normal ALV...have a icon for expand/collapse based on this click of image you need to hide/unhide the rows...

I mean based on the expand....insert the rows...and based on collapse...unhide them..

but you need to bind the table on every click..

But you need to take care of the alignement also..

You can do this way...

Try for grouping in ALV...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

up

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Since there was no further response neither here nor in the Sticky , it looks like it isn't possible and I don't have high hopes that this component is going to be introduced with EHP2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alej,

there's a Tree UI element which is normally used for this. The disadvantage is that you cannot use most of the standard ALV table functions like sort and filter but otherwise it should help you.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

as mentioned above...

I need to ...

- display data in a line (not only a node as in the normal tree ui element)

- allow the selection of a node by the user (this isn't working with the SALV_WD_TABLE)

- display an icon as tree node

In a Tree UI element I can only display a node/leaf with a text, but no additional fields per leaf (e.g. corresponding plant, sums, etc.), so I cannot use that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you can display a very long text in a tree. So you could display a text with 1000 chars and build the line by hand. Otherwise I think you need to use a different tool to do this.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

- up -

Is there really no real solution for this? Would be great if a guru would give some advice...

Thanks and regards,

Alej

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

- up -