Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authority to run a Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have one query.

One user is trying to use a T-code : ZRAGS00 , but it is giving error message as" you have no authority to run this report , please contact helpdesk. "

I checked this t-code in su24 no objects found, and also i have run SU53 but it is giving a message as all authorizations are successful.

So please help me to fix this.

Regards,

B.Pavithra

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems some one has hardcoded the error message in ABAP itself. Have a look at the source code and try searching for the error message.. It should give you an idea why its throwing up this error.

On a lighter side try getting in touch with the helpdesk and see if they know more

Regards,

CP

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Dec 18, 2009 7:56 AM

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavitra,

Check with your ABAPer who was developed this object.

Did you create any authorization object for this tcode?

Can you check any AUTHORITY-CHECK statement is there in a program.

Shiva

Edited by: Siva K Kumar on Dec 18, 2009 8:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to do a ST01 authorization trace on this user while user is doing this operation. Perhaps another authorization object will come up, which you don't see in SU53.

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with CP. If SU53 isn't throwing an error and you are getting a no auth message, your best bet is to have a look through the code. If you are not comfortable doing that then one of your ABAP team will be able to help.

sanjay_pawar3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Pavithra

This transaction code is customer development. ABAP developer can configure error message before system reach to authorization check. So /NSU53 may not capture any authorization error.

ABAP developer / BASIS administrator may have liberty to develop any ABAP program without including concerned authorization objects for a particular transaction code in SU24. This case is good example of the same.

If you have good ABAP knowledge you can look into code of said transaction and try to find on which condition system is raising above mentioned error message. You can search in code for u201CAUTHORITY-CHECKu201D This piece code will guide you on what event system raised error message and what are the authorization object & values are in question.

Regards

Sanjay Pawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

SY-UNAME is your search term, both here on SDN and in the ABAP code on your side...

Cheers,

Julius