cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh using Brrestore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to refresh our sap qas from prd. The are backed up by brbackup and we are using netbackup.unfortunately we have our qas and prd systems in two locations.so we have different netbackup master servers for qas and prd.i made a copy of the prd backup tape and imported the images into the qas netbackup database.Now how do i refresh qas using this image which is imported into qas netbackup database.

when i test by delete some data files in qas and try to recover them using brrecover it only gives me options to recover from last qas backup.i cannot see the prd backup files.has anybody come across this.

how do i refresh qas with the prd backup images i imported? how to do this restore. please give me the steps

Thanks

joyce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May below command will help you to restore log files from backup device (if backup has taken from brbackup)

brrestore -n all_log

will restores all log files in current direcory, there you can find .ant or .aft file

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a first step you will need the brbackup log file (something like bexyzabc.aft) from your prd system. Then you may start brrestore with this file.

And how to get this file?

I don't know, this is not an SAP question.

Ask your netbackup admin, or consult your netbackup manuals.

hope this helps

PS: If this log file still is available in prd system, easiest might be to copy it to qas with ftp or whatever, not using netbackup.

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Dec 18, 2009 8:38 AM