cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type creation in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have createda data type of Classification - "Aggreageted Type" , structure is as follows : -

GoodsMvmt_Enhance Complex Type l

COMMODITY_ITEM_NO Element xsd:string 1 false

OBLIGATION_ID Element xsd:string 1 false

REFERENCE_MATERIAL Element xsd:string 1 false

DEST_PLANT Element xsd:string 1 false

DEST_SLOC Element xsd:string 1 false

WEIGHTS_GRADES_ID Element xsd:string 1 false

while activating it , it gives me error -

Use of an XSD type in element COMMODITY_ITEM_NO is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Use of an XSD type in element OBLIGATION_ID is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Use of an XSD type in element REFERENCE_MATERIAL is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Use of an XSD type in element DEST_PLANT is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Use of an XSD type in element DEST_SLOC is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Use of an XSD type in element WEIGHTS_GRADES_ID is not permitted when modeling an aggregated type

Any idea how I can use XSD type rather creating datatype for every field ?

Note : If I change the Classification - "Freely Modelled Type" , it gives error while activatin that it has to ve aggreagated type.

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Any idea how I can use XSD type rather creating datatype for every field ?

You mean to say you used xsd:string while creating Aggregated Dataype?

If yes, then please note that Aggregated DT cannot refer any of the xsd elements......it can either refer an Aggregated DT or a Core DT....even if you make use of the Input help (under the Type column) it wont show you XSD Type option.....di you create an XSD outside and then imported it into the DT?

For more clarification/ examples refer --> ESR --> SAP BASIS --> SAP BASIS 7.10 --> http://sap.com/xi/BASIS/Global --> Aggregated DT.......none of the example is using xsd element....it is against the definition of this DT.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (0)