Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COA's with In-process inpection w/o Batch Mgmt

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are doing in-process inspection in our system for production. Also, we have no batch management being used. Yet, we've COA's that need to be generated on our finished products before dispatch to our customers.

I've previously used COA's in a Batch Managed & GR Inspection (type 04). Not sure if COA's can be generated for my scenario. Would like to take suggestions from you experts on how do I approach this.

Thanks

Anan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you should be able to generate COA's using the 03 inspection results, but... I've never tested it or tried to do it. But in using 03's there are some issues that you'd have to check on and test out.

I don't think you'll be able to have the same test in the inspection lot more then once. This can happen if you run the same test at different operations of the process. Such as water content which might be tested several times during production. You might also have some issues if you use inspection points. I think it will use the last test result regardless of inspection points. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

You will also to need to make sure there are UD's on the inspection lot. You'll probably want to run the Auto UD for production lots and have it close all lots where the order has a TECO status.

Other then those cautions, it should work similarly to reporting results from an 04 inspection lot.

Craig