Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Extract not working.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing "Service Order" Example given in the help.sap.com

data is coming to "Pending Extract", that means rule is working fine.

Then i have performed "Trigger Extract" then it is showing the status "in process" for moment and again it is showing the status "Ready" state.

what would be the problem?

please resolve the issue.

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman ,

Please check in transaction SMQ2, whether any " MMW_EXT* " queue is there or not .

Regards,

Shweta Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Copy the 'Queue Pattern' field from the portal (given in the pending extracts page)

2. Open transaction SMQ2 and paste it there

3. Are there any results shown? If there are any, what 'Status' are they in?

NOW:

If there are entries in the queues in SMQ2, it might be because the queue is deregistered. You need to run them.

OR

If there are no entries, then deregister the queue and try to trigger extract again. See if any entries appear. Now execute these entries and let us know what happens.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arjun Shankar ,

i have deregistered the queue "DOE_EXT_009_003_*"

and executed manually.

in debugging i find that it's faching message from message class "SMMWEXTRACT"

message no "S023" message contant "Extract completed successfully."

still entries in "pending extarct" exist with status "ready"

Reagards

lakshman balanagu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

Please check the table SMMW_DEVMBOMAPER for DEVICE_ID = your device ID if you have EXTRACT_STATUS = 'P'.

Also let us know if it is a new system setup if yes then did you perform SDOE_SR in the beginning ?

You can also try regenerating the RMM once and trigger the extract again.

regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Bhatnagar on Dec 18, 2009 6:42 AM

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Please check the table SMMW_DEVMBOMAPER for DEVICE_ID = your device ID if you have EXTRACT_STATUS = 'P'.

i have check the table

for the "EXTRACT_STATUS" for my device. it is empty

1.I have done the initial setup SDOE_SR.

2.I have regenerating the RMM

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what you should be doing next:

0. Is the DMSWCV for your Data Object in 'Operational' state? You can see this in the DMSWCV tab of the Device Administration page. If it is not operational, you should make it. Nothing will be extracted until the DMSWCV is operational.

1. Find out number of pending instances (you can see this as a column in the Pending Extract page when you select the relevant checkbox). How many instances are there? How many do you expect to have there? Also, what does the 'Reason for Waiting' column say?

2. Check the outbound queue of the device. Are there any instances of the DO there already?

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

if i have configured the DO_SYNC_EXTRACT through the DOE Administrator portal, then i got data to outbound queue.

otherwise data is reside in Pending extract only( after performing trigger extract also ).

In "reason for waiting" field is empty for all entries in pending extracts.

What is the Problem?

Thanks & Regards

Lakshman Balanagu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

As far as i understand, there seems some problem in the queue which is run when you trigger the extract.

Please do the following steps:

1.Go to transaction SMQ2.

2.Type MMW_EXT* in the "queue name"

3. Click on execute button on the top.

4.Check if there are any entries there and let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are saying that if you switch on synchronous extract, you get data in outbound queue.

You also say that if you switch off synchronous extract, data goes into the 'pending extracts'. If you now trigger extract, the extract queue is run but no data is sent to the outbound queue (I am assuming that the extract queue does run because you did not answer the question about whether or not the queues are registered and running automatically whenever populated).

If the above is correct, then there is a programmatic error somewhere. Because if the instances should be extracted to outbound queue when the extract queue runs.

If you are okay with synchronous extract, then its fine (because that is working). But If you want to switch OFF synchronous extract then you should be reporting this problem via OSS.

Cheers

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your response,

I will raise a OSS message.

Regards

lakshman balanagu

0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Could you resolve this problem?

we are having the same problem

No Data Object instances are available to be extracted to the device. We are developing our own client for BlackBerry.

Best Regards

Lionel

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lionel,

I haven't raise the OSS(problem not resolved).

Present i am doing another project.

So please raise a OSS for your problem

if you solve the problem. please reply to the thread with OSS number.

Regards

lakshman balanagu.

0 Kudos

Dear lakshman,

the problem was solved with just disable/enable the bulk rule. now we are getting data into the BB.

regards

Lionel

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lakshman,

Before doing the trigger extract , did you check the contents in the "Data Object instances available for extract" of Pending extract.

If there messages are present you may do a trigger extract. After this activity the meaasges will be cleared and the table will be empty.

If this table is empty, check the "View Outbound Queue Details". If this contains messages then your messages are ready to be synced on to the device.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad

www.applexus.com