cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo connections/ABAP tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the tutorial: "Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions" under "Building, Deploying, Configuring, and Running Your Application"

it says

4. Choose the JCO Connections tab.

Two destinations named WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST are shown in this view and both of them have the status red. This means that the JCO connection is not yet maintained in assigned SLD

I do not have anything show up here. I did not have any errors during build, create archive, and deploy. Any ideas why nothing would be showing up, or where I may have gone wrong? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok well, semi-solved that problem but here is a related one: Select WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST and choose Create to configure a new JCO connection.

a. Go though the steps of the JCO connection creation wizard and specify the connection data.

b.After making the required entries, press Finish.

c.Test your configuration data by pressing the Test button.

I go through and set everything up, but at the end, I am not able to press the Test button, it is not highlighted. And my red dot never turns green. Does this mean I set something up wrong in the connections? Or is it something else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen,

I tried to help you, but didn't found the part that you said, i found this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/f8/bdfe80d9a3b048a5fb32a7d149774e/content.htm">Tutorial</a> can you reply with your link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen,

Try viewing the status of the server, http://[server]:[port]/sld/admin/index.jsp, and let me know if the server status is started or stopped.

If not, view the log for any information or error, could be a mistake in the sld configuration.

Cheers,

RR./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-I checked and the status is stopped, but when I press Start, nothing happens. In the SAP Management Console, the engine is started and I waited for everything to go green there. So what does it mean that the status is stopped and nothing happens when I press start?