cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing Cockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my sourcing is activated and I have a SC which is complete, is there any way I can control some SCs not to be auto converted into a POs, but goto the Pur Admin's worklist for manual PO creation?

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

this is done via customizing (SPRO --> SRM Server --> Sourcing --> Define Sourcing for Product Categories), and you can implement your own logic in BADI BBP_SRC_DETERMINE.

Just with customizing, you can choose between:

<b>Sourcing is never carried out</b>

This is the default setting at delivery.

SAP Enterprise Buyer does transfer any items to the purchaser's sourcing application.

<b>Sourcing is always carried out</b>

SAP Enterprise Buyer transfers each item to the purchaser's sourcing application.

<b>Sourcing is carried out for items without a source of supply</b>

SAP Enterprise Buyer transfers all requirements that have multiple sources of supply, of which non are assigned, to the purchaser's sourcing application. Once you have selected a source of supply in the shopping cart, the item does not go to the sourcing application and a PO is created.

<b>Sourcing via automatic bid invitation for items without a source of supply</b>

SAP Enterprise Buyer creates a bid invitation for all requirements that do not have a source of supply.

<b>Automatic requirement grouping; sourcing for items without assigned source of supply</b>

If a source of supply is assigned to a requirement, the report BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED automatically groups requirements together for the creation of a PO. If the requirement does not have a source of supply, it appears in the worklist of the sourcing application for manual assignment. Once you have assigned a source of supply, you can submit the requirement to the report.

<b>Automatic grouping; sourcing is never carried out</b>

If a source of supply is assigned to a requirement, the report BBP_CS_TRANSFER_GROUPED automatically groups requirements together for the creation of a PO. If the requirement does not have a source of supply, an incomplete PO is created.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann, Christophe,

Thanks for the replies, but this is not quite what I am asking. I am aware of these sourcing scenarios and the BAdI.

My problem is that in SCs, we already have the Vendor and all other info is also complete, but I do not want auto POs to be created for some SCs, even if they are complete.

We are using contracts / Catalogs / Vendor List where the vendor will be automatically done in SCs. But in case, the Vendor has multiple Ordering address, I want that this SC to go to the Pur Admin's worklist so that he can chose the correct ordering address (I think this will be carried out by first creating the PO in hold status, and then changing the PO for correct ordering address - or can this be done in one step?)

My question is - can I use this BAdI to direct the complete SCs to the work list? This would mean that the BAdI would check each SC for Vendor and the Ordering Address for this Vendor maintained in BP. If there are more than 1 addresses maintained, then it would direct SCs to worklist rather than creating the PO automatically.

What I am trying to achieve is that we maintain 1 Vendor for multple ordering addresses and then the Pur Admin manually chosses the correct address in create PO.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think you did not understand the SoCo logic.

You CAN use it to do what you are asking.

We don't have vendor partner functions in SRM PO, like in R/3, even if we can maintain different vendor ordering addresses in SRM.

So if you want to change the ordering address, you have to change the existing vendor, or to create an additional partner or CUF to store it.

You have 3 possibilities to change the vendor:

- in SC purchaser completion WF (but it will be difficult to check if vendor has more than one address in WF starting conditions: new attribute in SC BUS2121).

- in PO (PO created from SC, w/o Soco): you need to code the BADI check to hold it during its creation.

- in Sourcing cockpit: via custo or BADI

In std, complete SC are creating auto PO once approved.

But you can change this behavior by adding the sourcing cockpit step:

- either force a particular Product Category to always go into SoCo

- either code your custom logic in Sourcing BADI to decide to send or not this SC to SoCo, whatever a vendor is fixed or not

So the answer is still the same one: <b>Yes yo can force a complete SC to go to SoCo via this BADI</b>:

If there is a vendor, check its addresses and if more than one, flag the sourcing field, so the SC will be in the purchaser worklist, with an already assigned vendor that can be changed. The purchaser will have to select the SC item, pass it into the work area, change the vendor and create a PO.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I got your point. This is simple and I am wondering why I could not think of this logic (might be cos I am not Chris)

Thanks much

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I guess you can use badi BBP_SRC_DETERMINE to do it.

Kind regards,

Yann