cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V_V2 (Unconfirmed documents required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus;

In the selection of V-V2, the client says that it doesnt work properly.Even if the sales order has confirmed quantity, after running the V_V2 with the selecion "unconfirmed documents required" selection, the program changes the schedule lines of V_V2.

I wanted samples but not at hand at the moment.Can there such a case normally? I am not sure that the client can be wrong. But please suggest me if you have met such a case for this program up to now

Many thanks in advance

J.Black

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will explain you the standard behaviour for V_V2 transaction.

The option 'unconfirmed documents required', which is preset, only

carries out rescheduling for materials for which at least one

unconfirmed transaction already exists.

If rescheduling should also be carried out for materials, for which all

transactions are confirmed, deselect the indicator.

However, you should note that if you make this selection the quantity

of data to be processed will increase.

Also please check attached note 549064: FAQ: Rescheduling/backorder

updating in R/3, contains more information about rescheduling.

You can define the scope of the check using the parameter 'Unconfirmed

documents required'. If this parameter is set, at least one document for

this material must be unconfirmed if all documents for this material

are to be included in the availability check. Otherwise (no unconfirmed

documents exist for a material), no document for this material is

included in the availability check.

regards,

Ramana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)

You mentioned you have 3 sales order concerning that material.

- please give the material number also on the selection screen

- mark the "Unconfirmed documents required" checkbox (P_UNCONF).

Do you get any SO? If yes, you should see at least 0 in "prev. confirmed qty" for one item.

2)

You mentioned you have 3 sales order concerning that material. Do the sales orders have any other item that is not confirmed?

If yes an

- all items are confirmed for your material and

- you do not specify the material number on selection screen

and you run the report with "Unconfirmed documents required" seting you will get your already confirmed item iin the report. too.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Dec 25, 2009 6:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Czaba;

I am giving my answers below, thax for detail-explanation.

1)

You mentioned you have 3 sales order concerning that material.

- please give the material number also on the selection screen

- mark the "Unconfirmed documents required" checkbox (P_UNCONF).

Do you get any SO? If yes, you should see at least 0 in "prev. confirmed qty" for one item.

***My answer:One of the 3 sales orders 1179669 has 200 CS for that material and "The prev confirmed qty" is zero for 23.12.2009 and 200 CS for 28.12.2009.So there exists zero qty as a 1st schedule line and old date.So the msae case for the second sales order. The 3rd sales order has already confirmed for 2 different dates and both schedule lines confirmed.Please confirm here that even if the schedule is confirmed for a future date and there exists zero qty for past date, this causes the 3rd sales order to seem and rescheduled again?

2)

You mentioned you have 3 sales order concerning that material. Do the sales orders have any other item that is not confirmed?

If yes an

- all items are confirmed for your material and

- you do not specify the material number on selection screen

and you run the report with "Unconfirmed documents required" seting you will get your already confirmed item iin the report. too.

***My nswer:You say that when we run the report without material but with "unconfirmed doc req", we can get already confirmed item.That's ok but not our case.

As a conclusion, the functionality for the selection "unconfirmed doc req" means, even if the qty is confirmed in a sales order(manually or automatically), when we run the program V_V2, the already confirmed item of the 3rd salesorder for that material is rescheduled again.

Please confirm my understanding here? But it seemed to call it as "unconfirmed doc req".because the 3rd sales order is already confirmed but it's processed/scheduled again.Maybe better to say "unconfirmed mat req" )) Isnt it?

thanx for help

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: J.Black on Dec 25, 2009 9:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, you should note that if you use fixed date in sales order processing, you can't use rescheduling. By using fixed date, when you confirm the sales order the date is fixed and can only be changed by manual rescheduling of the sales order.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD gurus;

What I want to learn here is even if the sales order has a confirmed quantity for the material X quantity 1000 CS

1st schedule line : 04.01.2010 :600 CS confirmed quantity(manually changed date and confirmed)

2nd schedule line : 18.02.2010:400 CS confirmed quantity(manually changed date and confirmed)

In V-V2, the selection screen has the option "unconfirmed documents required" selected, we run the material via simulation and see that the order qty 1000 CS becomes as below

only one schedule line:04.01.2010:1000 CS confirmed qty

But even if the "unconfirmed documents required" selected, it tries to reschedule the above material again.Why? What should be missing? Do I have to select the fix date option on the sales order or what else can be? Please advise me urgently...

Thanks in advance

J.Black

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/93/744bff546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Processing Parameters

You can define the scope of the check using the parameter 'Unconfirmed documents required'. If this parameter is set, at least one document for this material must be unconfirmed if all documents for this material are to be included in the availability check. Otherwise (no unconfirmed documents exist for a material), no document for this material is included in the availability check.

You can define that the delivery date entered when an order is created is used as a sorting criterion for the availability check using the parameter 'Sorting criterion deliv.date'. If this parameter is set, all orders of the same priority are sorted according to delivery date. Otherwise, sorting is performed by document creation date.

Do you have only one SO from this material (you are speaking baout), or you have several ones. If you have another SO for this material that is not confirmed then I think all the other documents (SOs) will be involved in rescheduling even confirmed ones.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Czaba;

Yes there are 2 more sales orders but they are confirmed for another date,

after running V_V2, the dates already scheduled are changing for those 3 sales orders,one item in each of them.It's really interesting.We realised this in the simulation mode.

But it should not be like this? It should not bring he already confirmed ones?

Can thjer sth wrong in the selection screen anther selection priority?

We select all the parameters on the screen and also the simulation to check it

Thanks in advance

J.Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

When ı checke now again in the productive system, only that sales order comes to the list of V_V2 even if schedule lines are confirmed as 600 CS and 400 CS in the simulation mode...Maybe this would better help you advise.

No any other sales orders exist at the moment...So we couldnt understand the functon of that field???