cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java stack installation requirments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I just finished ABAP stack installation for CRM EHP1. I want to install a java stack on same server different oracle instances. My question is as follow:

1. Do I need to create a extra set of file systems for Java stack?

2. Do I need to create extra set of file systems for the Oracle instance?

In the installation documentaion, It is refering to download seperate RDBMS dvd if this is going to be MCOD system. However it dose not give me the DVD number. Has any one done this before? Can you out line the major steps that I require to complete the installation of dual stack on one database engine with 2 different oracle instances?

Regards,

K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what's the second install for ?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, The functional guys are asking for ABAP and JAVA stack. I am not sure what they are going to use the system for.

Regards

K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx, It is working now

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I Understand that you prefer you install both the stacks using a single DB installation.

Please refer the following note for your reference.

388866 - Multiple Components on One Database - Installation

[original link is broken]

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Do I need to create a extra set of file systems for Java stack?

what is your OS .For unix environment you need to create separate filesystem for java as per your SID which you are going to use for java instance.& ofcourse it will be different than your ABAP SID.

2. Do I need to create extra set of file systems for the Oracle instance?

yes again .Coz again you need to create a separate database for java instance.Where your database s/w as well as database schema will reside on DB which sapinst exclusively create for java.

RDBMS CD will be same but only difference its going to make is SID of ABAP & JAVA which will be different.If you will check in SAPINST you will get two options to install & it will be like APPLICATION SERVER ABAP & then APPLICATION SERVER JAVA where it will create different databse for both abap & java.

Hope this will clear your doubts.

Thanks..

Mohit