cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Error in the Adapter Monitor/File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a receiver file adapter that is showing a 553 Permissions error when the file is actually delivered. This shows up in the adapter monitor and the message monitor.

I've been looking around but I couldn't find anyone who had this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think this error is because of Spaces/or and Invalid Characters like -!"£$%^&*'#... in the file name.

Just check it. ARe you using FTP server ? or NFS ?

If it is FTP then also check that user has a file write permission in the FTP server

>>Also this may be because of you don't have righ to write the directory/file(file permissions) with the name already exists i.e overwrite rights..

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't I get a button to reward points?

Thanks for the response.

The files names are all alphanumberic like 756061006A.CMT

Company code + date + sequence + file type.

This is a FTP scenario and I have write persmissions. The file acutally gets written. Some files get the false error and some do not.

Very Strange.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Why don't I get a button to reward points?</i>

Probably some problem with Page/server. It can be enabled later sometime..

<i>This is a FTP scenario and I have write persmissions. The file acutally gets written. Some files get the false error and some do not.</i>

Yes, it is really Strange.. Did you observe when exactly it is giving error , for what type of file names/contents.. Are you able to reproduce this type of error for the same file ?

This is just for info I am asking..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<

Yes, it is really Strange.. Did you observe when exactly it is giving error , for what type of file names/contents.. Are you able to reproduce this type of error for the same file ?

This is just for info I am asking..

>>

This is on the QA system which doesn't have much traffic. I didn't notice on the Dev system.

One time the file goes through, the next time it fails. There are about 22 files that get dropped at the same time and are all picked up by XI. One time they all get errors in the outbound file adapter, next time half. I'm going to see if I can get any info from an alert like error code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

pls check this....

Is there any chance by whihc you are trying to put a file with the same name ? and the original file that was put may be is read-only or something?

possible problems as krishna mentioned are,...invalid file name....no permission....to write/overwrite...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Thanks for the help.

The file I'm picking up from the R/3 system has rw-rw-r-- permissions. My FTP ID is a member of the group so I can pick it up and archive it.

The directory I'm placing the file in has drwxrwxrw- and is owned by the FTP id signing on. I'm appending to the file if it exists and they are created with rw-rw-r--. I'm also the owner of the file as well.

From the O/S side the transfer works. The entire file is there and readable.

I believe these are AIX systems.