cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how client will give WSDL File to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is webservice to SAP and using SAP 7.1.

I have following doubts.Request you to clarify on this.

1.The way client is going to provide WSDL to PI 7.1. I know that they will be giving WSDL by sending mail,giving URL. and i would like to know other alternate posbbile ways to get WSDL from them.

2. Approach to be followed by the client to trigger the WSDL request (ex: SOAP GUI).

appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hamja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

Are you using a WebService sender (SOAP Sender) or receiver, (SOAP Receiver) ?

If you're using a Soap Sender Adapter you must publish the WebService on the PI Server, if is Receiver, then the client has to provide you the WSDL File.

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Here my client is going to provide WSDL(Client is in sender side) and I would like to know the ways they can provide WSDL to PI (I know that they can send that wsdl thru mail and giving an URL). I would like to know the alternate ways they can give us their WSDL.

I am new to PI 7.1 and i would like to know whether there is any possiblity to publish their WSDL into PI service registry or any other alternate to give their WSDL to PI(Apart frm the ways i mentioned earlier).

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Dec 17, 2009 11:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The link you provided was helpful.

Still require some more clarification.

for publishing WSDL client need to have access to our service registry right?

Thanks

Hamja

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

If you're going to post the WS (the webservice will be hosted on the Pi Server) they don't access to the SR because you will do it. In this case, they will need an user to access to the server.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, they will need an user to access to the server.

so that means they will give an URL and we will upload into SR ? or ..Pls clarify.

Thanks

Hamja

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

What you have understand is the difference between:

- When you use a sender SOAP Adapter, in this case.. you publish the webservice to be hosted in your PI server; so, you generate the URL and the WSDL File. And you give this file to everyone who wants to consume that WS.

For example, an interfaces that is WS -> PI -> RFC. (Sync Communication)

- And in the other case, is when is a receiver SOAP. With this scenario, and external party provides you a WSDL and a URL in order to PI invoke that URL to be the consumer of the WebService.

Example: RFC -> PI -> WS (Sync Communication)

Which scenario are you going to do?

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is WS -> PI -> RFC. (Sync Communication)

Thanks

Hamja

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Then you don't need any WSDL nor URL. You have to create them by yourself with the "Define Web Service" wizard, that is in the Integration Builder, in 'Configuration' menu.

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so that means they will give an URL and we will upload into SR ? or ..Pls clarify.

Your client is not required to provide you the WSDL, you can generate the WSDL and provide to them. URL will be provided by you to your client (sender).

Using SR is completely optional and not at all mandatory to use the Web Services in PI.

regards,

Neetesh

Answers (0)