cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* user missing after installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just completed installaing ECC6, NetWeaver1 on HPUX and Oracle 10.2. However I am trying to logon to system using sap* on client 000 I can not. I logged in with DDic user and when looking for SAP* user in su01, User sap* dose not exist. Can you tell me if I should copy the DDIC to SAP*? or any note that can help me resolve this issue.

Regards,

K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you. Changing the parameter worked.

One more question Markus:

Why I did not have to change the parameters for CRM 7.0 EHP1 systems? I was able to login using sap*. The only system that I had to change the parameter to login was the ERP systems. Just out of couriosity. Why is it diffrent from one app to other?

rewarded.

Regards,

K

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Why I did not have to change the parameters for CRM 7.0 EHP1 systems? I was able to login using sap*.

The cause may be a new "feature" of the EHP1 (SAP_BASIS 701).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kourosh,

User SAP* is hardcoded into the kernel, so you should have it (even if you delete it from the database).

Please, try to login with SAP* using the default password "PASS", and remember that your profile parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" should has value 0 (zero).

Anyway, you can recreate SAP* from the SU01. Keep in mind to assign him the SAP_ALL role.

Regards,

Federico Biavati

Former Member
0 Kudos

I undrestand that SAP* is hard coded. I have not deleted the sap. This is the first time I am logging in. Master password was set. That is why I can log in with DDIC. what I do not undrestand how is it that it is not there. I am logging in with DDIC and I can not see sap. I completed 4 installation this week, 2 crm instances and 2 erp instances. Both erp systems are missing sap*. Do you think there is a bug with the installation?

After copying DDIC to sap, do you think I will have enough permissions to do what ever it takes to do with SAP user?

Regards

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kourosh,

> Do you think there is a bug with the installation?

Maybe, I found another user where SAP* disappeared after an ECC6.0 + EHP4 installation.

I would open a SAP Ticket and ask if the Support is informed about this kind of problem.

> After copying DDIC to sap, do you think I will have enough permissions to do what ever it takes to do with SAP user?

I think so. In my ECC 6.0 systems DDIC has the following roles:

SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_RFCACL_ALL

S_USER_ALL

And SAP* has got the following:

SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_USER_ALL

Remember that if you are using Oracle you can delete it from USR02 and use SAP*/PASS:

> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

> DELETE FROM USR02 WHERE MANDT="your-client" AND BNAME="SAP*";

> commit;

Regards,

Federico Biavati

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I undrestand that SAP* is hard coded. I have not deleted the sap*. This is the first time I am logging in. Master password was set. That is why I can log in with DDIC. what I do not undrestand how is it that it is not there.

Because it's hardcoded into the kernel and not a "real" SU01 user. If you logon with SAP* the first time the account is created so you can later delete it.

> I am logging in with DDIC and I can not see sap. I completed 4 installation this week, 2 crm instances and 2 erp instances. Both erp systems are missing sap. Do you think there is a bug with the installation?

No.

You could logon using SAP* if you would set the parameter as given by the previous poster and restart the system. Once you logged in one with SAP* you will see it in SU01.

Markus