cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java API: Displaying Resultset Recods in a TreeByNestingTableColumn UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

I need your help to display the results of a search in an MDM table in a TreeByNestingTableColumn UI.

The scenario is :

I am searching the 'Products' tabel of an MDM repository using MDM JAVA API.

I've got the Resultset of a search.The resultset has a column by the name 'Category' which refers to taxonomy look up table 'Categories'.

I want to display the Results in a TreeByNestingTableColumn UI wherein i want to display the complete tree structure of a record.In other words, corresponding to the category of a record , i want to display all the parents of that category in a tree structure with the individual records under its own category name as a part of the structure.

My Idea is

1. to group all the records in the resultset ,having same category, into one List.

2.Then look up the 'categories' table for the parents of that node.

3.And subsequently create a Context node having a recursive child node corresponding to the number of parents a given category has and then display the data on the table.

Any other ideas/suggetions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karambir,

Are you looking for some thing like this.

Let say you have

Category

Category1

Category11

Category12

Category2

When you select Category11, you want to display all the records from Products table associated with the Category11.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subbu for the reply,

Well, what i am looking at is like this:

I have a set of search results in a resultset.Each result belongs to a category.

For example, lets say i have 4 results in the resultset and 3 of them belong to category 11

and one belongs to category12.

Now what i want is to display the results in a tree structure such as below:

Category

Category1

Category11

result1

result2

result3

Category12

result4

Category 2

Note:category 2 should be visible only if it has some records under it.

So,I have the records in the ResultSet and i have to arrange them as above.Its the opposite of the scenario u've presented.

I'll appreciate any thoughts on this.