cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook as Jump receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to verify this is not possible. I have in the past formatted queries using workbooks. But if I create a query that is a jump target then I cannot save this

"jump to query" as a workbook because workbooks cannot be saved as a receiver in RSBBS. So therefore I'm limited with my formatting options.

Will award points for any help .

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You are correct...you cannot jump to a particular workbook. But if it helps the reqt you can certainly jump to a Saved View.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

My impression is a saved view is a "view" of a certain navigation step within a query. This "jump to query" is showing the detail of a query that contains a cost center hierarchy. I jump to this query to show the actual cost centers and related KF's in a flat view. I pass the hierarchy node to this detail report.

Can this type report be done with a saved view. I'm assuming no but please advise if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

I am not sure that I know what you mean ...

You CAN define a certain workbook as the one to jump to. There are some limitations:

1. the user must be starting from an Excel workbook (it might be possible to do this from the Web, but I don't know Java well enough to be sure)

2. you have to use some VB code

3. you have to store the "receiving" workbook in "Roles" so that every user can access it

4. if the "receiving" workbook has multiple queries in it, the one to be "replaced" by your "jump" query must be the last query inserted in the workbook.

If those conditions are met, it is possible to jump from one query to another using RRI and predictably "land" inside a specified "receiving" workbook.

Here is the VB code required:

Set myCell = ActiveCell

'set New Workbook on embed ... is based on "Permanent Template"

Run "sapbex.xla!templatePermanent"

'define the "Permanent Template"

wbID = "3XWY5LPCYJAEER7EY8PA0L79V"

retVal = Run("sapbex.xla!rfcSetTemplate", wbID, "")

'rfcSetTemplate function returns a Boolean

If Not retVal Then

MsgBox "Unable to set workbook for receiver query.", vbCritical, _

"Unable to jump to KPI ODS query."

Exit Sub

End If

'check that jump is valid

retVal = Run("sapbex.xla!SAPBEXcheckContext", "BS01", myCell)

If retVal <> 0 Then

MsgBox "Please refresh query before attempting jump to details.", vbCritical, _

"Unable to jump to KPI ODS query."

Exit Sub

End If

'make the jump via RRI to QURY0001

Run "SAPBEX.XLA!SAPBEXjump", "r", "QURY0001", myCell

'set New Workbook on embed ... is selected from list

Run "sapbex.xla!templateChoose"

Hope this is helpful.

- Pete

former_member304455
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In BI 3.x we used the function SAPBEX.XLA!SAPBEXjump but it was not implemented in BExAnalyzer.xla in BI 7.0.

Check: [/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/10/10/migrating-advanced-bex-analyzer-workbooks--what-vba-is-supported|/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/10/10/migrating-advanced-bex-analyzer-workbooks--what-vba-is-supported]

If there is any solution now, please let know.

Answers (0)