Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Sales Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me with the Standard 3rd Party sales Scenario configuration in SAP

Conceptually I a mclear with the process, but how do we map it in SAP.

I tried doing it by manually changing the item category to TAS, and then doing billing, but the log says item category not relevant for billing.

Should I create a new sales order document type with default Item Category as TAS??

Is it possible to have a TAS in std order type 'OR' with other item categories as TAN ?

Shall appreciate quick help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Raheel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

goody-1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How does this change for a service? We have a service material number. We have the PO hitting a WIP - Services GL account with the PO GR. On the sales side how do you set VKOA to relieve WIP - Services and post to COGS? Is this done with AAG or some other process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the others have given you the solution. i just wish to add some minor points.

under third party, there are 2 general sub-scenarios: 1) with shipping notification 2) without shipping notification.

what this means is that your customer billing is dependent on either:

1. your MIGO, based on vendor notifying you that delivery to customer has been done, or

2. your MIRO (after MIGO), when the vendor submits it's billing to you for processing

whether MIRO or MIGO triggers your customer billing due depends on copy controls in VTFA.

regards.

jy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends, I got the answer from al hte responses, but specialyl from Mr Jonathan.

Thanks to all once agiin.

Thread Closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

*I tried doing it by manually changing the item category to TAS, and then doing billing, but the log says item category not relevant for billing.*

As you have not done the MIRO for the Purchase Order, that is why system is displaying log "Item Category not relevant for Billing"

Adopt the Process as below:

1. Create Sales Order with Item Category TAS, System automatically generates Purchase Requisition.

2. Create Purchase Order with Reference to PR.

3. Invoice Verification (MIRO)

4. Create Billing document VF01 (Order Related).

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Vijay Prakash

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Understand the Business process to the core then apply that to SAP.

Thrird party business would be

1. You have to give a commodity / product to a customer , which you do not manufacture , so you ask one of your vendors to deliver the same to the customer on your behalf and finally you bill the customer and give the mone to vendor.

Configuration again in the forom if you will search will get through

material ->item category group: bans

so item category will be tas in sales order.

Step1: create the sales order which will automatically generate the PR

Step 2: Take the PR and create the PO

Step 3: Go a PO based LIV.

Step4: Bill the sales order.

There is no GRN and outbound delivery.

Thanks !

A S