cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR5.3 SAP Adapter - Background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have just tried to bounce the RAR5.3 system to resolve an issue with Cached data following Risk updates and a mysterious job has appeared in the Background Jobs.

The Task is - Starts all SAP Adapters on server startup.

It has been running for ages now despite the fact that there is only one connected ERP system (and the adapter was already activated manually).

Have you guys ever come across this job before?

Do you know how it is triggered or what it's actually meant to be doing?

Cheers,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I first saw this job while testing SP09. RAR seems to auto check all the configured adapters after server boot-up and try establishing the connections using this job.

I know for sure that it wasn't in SP07 HF1, not sure if SAP added this feature in SP08 or SP09.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well that's interesting since I'm on SP06!

Oh well, This is the first time they've let me loose on the RAR instance. Been focussing on CUP & SPM so have not seen it before!

Its a bit strange that it runs for ages but has not actually re-activated the SAP Adapters in any case! I had to do that manually!

Cheers Guys,

Simon

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm also not sure which SP introduced it exactly (I would have thought 05 or 06), but the reason was that after restarts the SAP adapters used to be down and had to be re-started manually, which caused a lot of problems for customers using risk terminator.

The latest change in SP10 is that this job will only run if there are actual SAP Adapters to be started (it used to run regardless).

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Simon. It was SP5 as that was the first Feature Pack of 5.3.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

This is a new job introduced from 5.3 SP8. This only apperas when the server is restarted. It won't impace any of the RAR operations.

Alpesh