cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable printing a text longer than 132 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I created one program to call one of my smartforms wherin I am printing the header address , shipper address and handling instructions from the selection screen of my program . Whaterver data I feed it in my selection screen and run teh program it prints onto my smartform output. In this program I have a selection option for shipping instructions which I defined it as text type tdline in the data declaration , so when I type in the text in my selection screen it only allows me to put in 132 characters. I want it to allow me to be able to put in like around 500 characters so that when it prints on the smartform it can take around 3 lines there so thatw e have enogh space to put in all the handling instructions.

I tried declaring the text as char1024 in my program as well as the form interface , but teh problem is after I type in the text in the selection screen and then run teh program , it prints on the smartform all the text in upper characters, which I dont want it to happen . Could anyone please suggest as how to go about.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are many questions in your question!

And it seems that there is no question about smart form?

If it's an interactive report, I advise you to enter text by calling EDIT_TEXT function module (so that user can enter a long text easily), then pass it to your smart form, and that's done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well , I just want to type in the required text in teh selection screen of lenght at least 500 characters which will print on to the form. As I said I declared the variable ship_inst as tdline which allows only a part of text to be entered, so It wanted to know that do I need to declare the ship_inst as some other data type to make it possible for me to enter 500 characters or would theer be some other way to do it.

Thanks

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In selection screens, limit is 128 characters by input field -> Create 4 input fields. Pass them to the smart form and write these variables on 4 successive lines. Make sure font size is enough small to allow 128 characters to be printed on one line.

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Dec 17, 2009 4:57 PM : 132 changed into 128

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra, I used multiple lines but it was cretaing problems with spacing so I used another FM .

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* At selection screen
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

at selection-screen on value-request for p_shtext.
  data : lw_str type sytitle.
      lw_str = 'Multiple Text'.
        append p_shtext to t_del_beg.
      perform editor_text using lw_str changing t_del_beg.

*      Form  EDITOR_TEXT                                              *
*       To display the editor box on the screen                       *
*     PV_CHAR     : Title for editor                                  *
*     Pv_del_beg  : Table to hold editor data.                        *
form editor_text using pv_char type sytitle
              changing pv_del_beg like t_del_beg.

call function 'CATSXT_SIMPLE_TEXT_EDITOR'
    exporting
      im_title = pv_char
    changing
      ch_text  = pv_del_beg.

read table pv_del_beg into p_shtext index 1.
endform.                               " FORM EDITOR_TEXT USING PV_CHA.

This helped.

Thanks