cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -3: Login Failed: Device id or Physical id invalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to ask you for a hint on synchronization error that we have on MI 7.1 / SP7 / Patch 5. A device was created and synchronized successfully. Then suddenly the following error appeared on the next synchronization:

-

Info:Synchronization initiated.

Info:Repetitive synchronization is enabled

Info:Connected to the server

Info:Sending logon data to server

Info:Data compression is active

Info:Waiting for response from server

Info:Receiving data from server

ERROR:Error code -3: Login Failed: Device id or Physical id invalid

Info:Disconnected from the server

ERROR:Login Failed: Device id or Physical id invalid

-

I checked the Device ID in the DOE and on the actual device and they are the same. Could you advise what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijit!

I found the table and the physical ID in the system is really different than the physical ID on the actual device.

Could you give me some hints how this could happen and if we can trace it? (if no reinitialisation is done)

Best regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit & Muhammed,

Thank you for your advises.

The device is "Registered" (had several successful syncs, before the error occured) and was not reinitialised. From your comments, I think that might be that the physical ID got corrupted.

So, my question is how I can find a device physical ID in the system and what could be the reasons that this ID got corrupted?

P.S. After reinstall, the device is working (tested), but we need to know the reason in order to prevent such problems in the future.

Thanks & BR,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

You can find the mapping in the following way.

1. Go to SDOE_WB transaction

2. In the drop down select Receiver Meta Model

3. Type MOBILE and press enter

4. On the right hand side click on link in front of Generated Single Value Table e.g. SDOERMM_R000

5. This table contains the mapping between device id(receiver id ) & physical id.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis,

The problem could be because the device has been reinitialised.

Every device has device id and a physical id.

On the DOE always a Logical device is created which has a device id assigned to it.

At the time of registration, mobile client sends physical id to DOE.

DOE then keeps the mapping of device id and physical id. And the device is registered.

Whenever client syncs, it sends the device id and physical id which is used by DOE to verify the device and then login.

In your case this mapping might have been got removed.

The reson could be that the device has been reinitialised on the DOE.

Did you re-initialise the device on the DOE?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

1. Check the information in the mobile client , whether the Device name and Device ID is present . If this is present, means this device is already registered.

2. check the Mobile adminstration, check the status of device, if this is initial this means some how the old device is deleted or device is re initialized.

3. If the device is inital try reset the mobile client.

Now deploy th application, create a new device, maintain connection settings in the mobile client, and synchronize the device.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad J

www.applexus.com