cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio: SQL analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to analyze a MAXDB performance problem in a non-SAP environment with the MAXDB database studio. I am using the latest database studio version 7.7.07.12. The MAXDB version is 7.6.03.

I found the following information In the documentation for the database studio:

"Procedure

Choose Performance -> SQL Performance Analysis in the context menu of the current database system administrator or database user..."

My problem: I don't see "Performance" in the context menu. Is it only available for MAXDB 7.7?

I already found out how to activate the monitors (<SID> -> Properties -> Monitoring), but I didn't find out how to analyze the results...

With kind regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to analyze a MAXDB performance problem in a non-SAP environment with the MAXDB database studio. I am using the latest database studio version 7.7.07.12. The MAXDB version is 7.6.03.

Hello Thomas,

this feature is rather 'rudimentary' in these old versions of DB studio (and yes, I am aware about the fact that there are no newer versions available outside of SAP).

Actually I wouldn't try to use it before DB Studio 7.8 and only with MaxDB kernels >=7.8.

Meanwhile you can use the DB50/DB50N functionality for that - this works even with the older kernels (7.5 and higher).

> I found the following information In the documentation for the database studio:

>

> "Procedure

> Choose Performance -> SQL Performance Analysis in the context menu of the current database system administrator or database user..."

>

> My problem: I don't see "Performance" in the context menu. Is it only available for MAXDB 7.7?

>

> I already found out how to activate the monitors (<SID> -> Properties -> Monitoring), but I didn't find out how to analyze the results...

Ok, without the NetWeaver CCMS or the newer MaxDB kernels, I would stick to the manual procedure described in the WIKI:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/MaxDBDatabaseMonitoring

regards,

Lars