Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog import with MDM Import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new in MDM, and working on data import in MDM

I've already import hierarchy data in MDM with hierarchy ID, hierarchy name, and key words.

Now I'm building the mapping of catalogue item data

I want to automap the source field "hierarchy cID" to destination field "hierarchy ID" BUT only display the field "hierarchy name".

Same question on the supplier field.

I believe it's a standard function, could and one help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could think of two options:

1. You can Use Remote Key for this. While import data into Hierarchy and supplier subtable Map Hieraarchy ID and Suppier Code field of the source File to the Remote Key, and clone of Hieraarchy ID and Suppier Code field to the Hieraarchy ID and Suppier Code field of MDM repository. in this way you can have Hierarchy ID and Supplier Code as remote key for Hierarchy and supplier Subtables.

Now while importing Catalog Data in the Main table, if you are getting hierarchy ID or Supplier Code in the source File, MDM will automatically Map hierarchy ID with the Hierarchy Name & Supplier code with Supplier Name based on Remote Key.

2. Change the Display Field of the Hierarchy and supplier subtables

Try this and let me know if you face any Problem.

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks alot for your response.

I've already tried the 2nd option, but the field display the Hierarchy ID + Hierarchy name (same for supplier). I need to display the name so I can't delete it.

For me, Display field is the primary key for MDM, right?

I'm trying the 1st option, hope it works

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes remote key option will work in your case.

just to clearify, in second option i was not saying to delete field from the table.. My intension was if you can change display field. (but i guess you cannot change from what you said)

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I have tried to import vendor and itu2019s ok but for the hierarchy it doesnu2019t work.

When importing the hierarchy Iu2019ve mapped the hierarchy ID field of the source file to the Remote Key

But when importing Catalog Data in the Main table MDM doesnu2019t match the hierarchy code in the source file with hierarchy name.

Do you have any idea why is it working for vendor and not for hierarchy?