cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch in bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a bpm process with a few switches in it ( 4) and one switch has three branches and 3 of them only 2. The problem that i currently have is that almost random the conditions for the switches are used incorrectly.

If a activate again then suddenly another swithc is working incorrect. i checked my cacha and that is up to date and my conditions are simple xpath statements on a string field and checking if it contains PASS. I found one other person with this problem, Problem with Switch Step in BPM from Yaseen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi it's 3 years later and also having switch condition check problems.

Did perhaps find a solution for your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are checking the same field in all the branches and if you are using a "contains pattern" operator in order to define the conditions, a confusion might arise.

But, if you are very convinced about applying sp16-do go ahead.

Best Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not using contains patterns and at the moment playig with SP is my only option. i have worked with several xi installations and never had this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Are you checking for the same field with the same condition in more than one branch by any chance, or is the result of any one check affecting the result of another check in any way. Basically, just check if the switch statements are getting "confused":)

Regards,

Sushumna

P.S. Generally, there is a problem with the return code when a switch statement is used and this generally gets resolved by refreshing the cache.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use the same field in all xpath statements but i find i hard to think that bpm is getting confused. I have seen another person on sdn with the same problems i. i will try applying SP16 again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

there are some known issues with bpm on sp prior to sp16. better you upgrade a sandbox to sp16 and test again.