cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business System name - SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

Quick question: my BASIS team created the Business System name for our SAP ERP, and they call it "DR1", which is the system ID.

Is this going to bother me in the transport situation? (All I imagine is changing all of my Configuration in PI (Sender agreement, and such) in a new environment, so I´m thinking about changing this ASAP.)

Any suggestions for the SAP ERP Business System name?

Regards!

Ricardo Sancio Lóra

Brazil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

ll I imagine is changing all of my Configuration in PI (Sender agreement, and such) in a new environment,

You dont need to change the Sender agreement and other stuff in configuration while transporting to New system.

You can maintain transport targets in SLD of XI. Means you need to maintain corresponding target for DR1 into Quality system.

Ex: For DR1 transport Target QR1 in quality. This will automatically change Configuration object in Quality system. No need to maintain manually.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest maintain business system as per the naming convention provided by SAP....you can have Sys_DR1_<clientID> as the name.....though it wont cause any harm while transport if you keep it as DR1.....you anyhow will have a separate BS in QA and PROD......are you thinking of having a common BS name across all the environments?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Dec 17, 2009 7:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, understood!!!!