Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit/Debit Memo/Note assign to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Lets imagine the following.

I've made a normal sales order to sell some material. After this, the order is delivered and billed.

A week later I've received a complaint and part of the material is sent back.

In here I believe that a credit memo (sales order) is the logical thing to do, so I do it, but in fact, how can I say that this credit memo (that is a sales order of other type) is assigned to the first sales order (the delived one)?

Is it possible to have a relation between orders?

Thanks!

Pedro Taveira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here there are two case.One is either to go for the returns process or either to go with the credit memo process.

For this one initially we have to create the credit memo request(Sales order) which is going to be created either with reference to the invoice created above or with the sales order.

For this if you want to create with reference to invoice then you have to maintain the copycontrol between the order and invoice by using the T.Code "VTAF".

If you want to create with reference to the order maintain the copycontrol between initial order and creditmemo request by using the T.Code "VTAA".

Save your entry.

Try to create with reference to the order.

Then creditmemo request will be created and blocked.An authorised person has to release this.

Then create the credit memo by using the T.Code "VF01" with reference to taht creditmemo request.

Regards,

Krishna.

Note:Search in the forum for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm already getting it!

Thank you all!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how can I say that this credit memo (that is a sales order of other type)
    is assigned to the first sales order

Ideally, copy control should be maintained for the combination of billing to order in VTAF and once you do this and create a return order, both the sale orders can be seen in VBFA table.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is very much possible. It is in Copy Control Setting in Configuration.

Check VTAA tcode.

For more details refer the SAP Library website.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't understood how to make the relationship between two Sales Orders... :S