cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay off inbound idocs for sales which are updating table S505.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

My user is testing something in Quallity system. But he is facing the system slow responce problem.

"Trying to pay off inbound idocs for sales which are updating table S505. The performance of SAP QXX is very slow."

system information is

SAP patch levels :SAP_BASIS: SAPKB62064 ; SAP_APPL: SAPKH47027

Data base:ORACLE 10.2.0.4.0.

I have checked Btc are free, enough space in tables no hang of Jobs.

Please guide me how to start my investigation to reslove the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To start the investigation :

1. When the user is running the transactions , are you able to see some long sequential reads in SM66 / SM50 .

It is on which table ; and what is the execution plan you are getting ( ST04 -> Detailed Analysis --> Oracle Session --> Search with PID )

It might be due to invalid / old stats on the tables , but we can tel lthat only when you provide answer to the previous questions.

2. Is this perf problem reported by this user only and other things are going on fine ? I mean are the other users complaing about ur Quality System?

3. Check with the user if they are facing issue in updating this particular table ? And chekc if the table statistics etc are fine from DB20.

Let us know the info so that we can proceed ahead

Thanks

Rishi

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if these idocs are synchronous ones and if they are they would be processed in dialog mode immediately which means most of the dialog work process would have been occupied except for background ones.

If the idocs are asynchronous then there would be background jobs scheduled periodically as frequent as a minute or 5 to process them in background. Once these jobs are run then they run in dialog work process and create a situation where most of dialog process are occupied till they are processed.

You can fix the above by updating tcode rz12 wherein you can restcict the rfcs to keep some dialog process free and not use all of them.

As mentioned in earlier post check if the table is being read sequentially and if needs index to be created by checking the sql plan,also check any locking is happening and see if the idocs can be processes using qrfc which is sequential and efficient.

Cheers Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

First of all , check the status of all work process in your quality system(QXX)

Identify if there are any memory bottle necks,long running transactions.

Some times if any user who is running long running transaction which conusmes system resources like CPU,memory results in peformance bottle necks which is a direct impact to other transactions which were running in the system.

Thanks,

Shyam Dontamsetty