cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS deployment problem while on wireless network

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently set up a new network at home. On my company intranet at the office and when connected to my home network router via Ethernet, no problems. But when connected to my home router via wireless, I get the following error when deploying to a central server, any central server:

server xyz did not accept login request as admin on port 50xxx. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server xyz at port 50xxx: Connection timed out: connect

I don't have this problem when deploying to my local Web AS, just to a central WAS.

A colleague of mine is having the same issue, but with a different wireless setup than mine.

Note that I don't have this problem when using NWDI, that is, the connectivity (while wireless) from my NWDS to a central NWDI system works just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and better yet, discovered a solution to it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

I am seeing this issue as well. It looks like an SDM timeout of some kind, but I can't find a timeout value to adjust. Have you been able to solve the problem?

Thanks,

- Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as a matter of fact the problem was solved, and I should have updated the thread.

See SAP Note 941150. Bottom line is that you have to replace SDMClient.jar in your NWDS 15 or 16 installation. Or, upgrade to SP 17, where the problem is fixed.

The Note 941150 is titled "Cannot deploy via VPN using SDM RemoteGUI Client or NWDS". In our case we had no problem deploying from the SDM RemoteGUI client, only from NWDS. And only a small number of our developers had the problem. And, finally, it was not a wireless problem, as some of our people had the problem from desktops connected directly to our LAN.