cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplication of network assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I created a project using standard WBS element.I saw that a network for one WBS element is dublicated twice in project structure.I checked the standard network and standard WBS.Both are looking fine.

Can anybody tell me what may be the reason for dublication??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I belive you have done some mistake in assignment.

Say for ex. you created

Std. Network N

Std. WBS W

After copying in std. Wbs W ,you have created W1 &

coyping std. netwrok N, you have created N1 ( here you need to assign your W1 WBS not W to your new network N1)

If you are not doing these, in that case suppose you are using Std WBS W for the copying, so, the same has been assgned to both network, N & N1

so, Network duplication will happen.

I believe this you have done with you std. structure , that' why the same is happening. If you wanted to cross check than create fresh set of std. network & WBs without copying, this duplication you will not observe.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my problem is not clear to you.I have a standard WBS template xxx.10.10 which is also assigned to standard network N. From template xxx.10.10 i creat a project stucture which will result in WBS 100.10.10 (for example).

Actual in the actual result 100.10.10 should contain only one network with activities.In my case the same network is assigned twice(duplicated) to WBS element 100.10.10.

I hope my explanations are clear.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I belive that, I correctly understood you question.

-

Your std. Wbs is assigned to more than one similar network for ex. As you told "standard WBS template xxx.10.10 which is also assigned to standard network N." In addition to N the same is assigned to Std. Network N1 which is copy of N )

So, when you are going to copy Std. WBS xxx.10.10 to create operative WBS, it calls both the network assigned and yoy fill "the same network is assigned twice(duplicated) to WBS element 100.10.10."

Unfortunately In PS there is not report which show you the details of Std. Network. so, you can identify where you have assigned you std. WBS to two std. Network .

That's why in my previous post, I requested you to create new Std. Wbs ( not copying old one ) and create New Std. Network ( not copying old one ) and assign your new Std. WBS to Std. Network and create operative project by using it. It will definitely not create duplication of network .

With Regards

Nitin p.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin

very good answer

just one addition - in PS reports we can see std structures

for structure overview reports - in db profile check the std structure box

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the correcting me Viredra,

Sahdev, Please check and std. structure PS report and check DB profile as suggest by Virendra, you will find two std. network has been assigned to your Std. WBS.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (0)