cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Daily Work Schedule dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client has a peculiar situation. They are using Positive Time management with no Payroll integration. Until few months ago all employees were using badge enabled access. The plant managers used to send the schedules for a month of their direct reportees to the HR Time Administrator who would then load into SAP. This was causing lots of problems as there were many substitutions and Time Evaluation was throwing up errors. They have stopped using Time Evaluation and are trackig everything manually.

They have now moved to a biometric access system where employee keys in their personnel # and the shift code. They have 3 shifts plus a General shift. They are expecting SAP to dynamically change the Work Schedule Rule in 0007 based on the shift code entered by the employee.

I was thinking of one solution. When the attendance file (from the time recording terminal)is loaded in to TEVEN (2011) table, move the shift code to the customer defined field in 2011. I would then write a Dynamic Action in 2011 to insert the appropriate Work Schedule Rule in 0007 based on the shift code entered.

1. Is this solution feasible? Any things to watch out for?

2. What if a person does not come to work (weekly off or leave)? Since 0007 has a Time Constraint 1, system would reflect the previous day's schedule. Would Time Evauation run for this person? I want it to run because of Quotas to be generated through Time Evaluation.

3. Since Weekly Off used to be set by the Plant Manager previously, with the current system it becomes difficult. Any idea as to how to proceed?

We are using ECC 6.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It will helpful very well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

this document explains the procedure to follow.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5690

Kr,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much...I will definitely study the PPINC operation. However I have a question with dynamic schedule based on clock times. There are 4 shifts - 6-2; 2-10; 10-6 & 9-530. If an employee clocks in at 8 am, how can I determine the correct schedule? He could have been 2 hours late for the 6am shift or 1 hour early for the general shift or 6 hours early for the 2pm shift.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you have to use function DYNWS.

Function DYNWS assigns an employee a new daily work schedule dynamically in time evaluation. The daily work schedule is determined from a set of work schedules as the one where the planned specifications show the "best" overlap with the employee's actual times.

The set of daily work schedules is defined on the basis of the period work schedule using the "Dynamic Daily Work Schedule Assignment: Planned/Actual Overlap" view (V_T552W). Unlike in PC rule TD30, the daily work schedule is not assigned on the basis of the first clock-in entry, but according to the overlap between the planned specifications and the actual times. The calculation of the overlap is based only on pairs that specify clock times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find answers on your question below:

1. Is this solution feasible? Any things to watch out for?

No. This is not a way SAP designed it. You cannot change WSR in IT0007 every day when shift changes. You have to define normal pattern in terms of working hours, shift pattern, etc. and keep it in IT0007. Then you can use dynamic attendance/absence assignment with operation PPINC or shift assignment with function DYNWS. So dynamic assignment of shift/absence/attendance is done in Time Evaluation (do not move this process to IT0007) and then time results are exported to payroll (in cluster B2).

2. What if a person does not come to work (weekly off or leave)? Since 0007 has a Time Constraint 1, system would reflect the previous day's schedule. Would Time Evauation run for this person? I want it to run because of Quotas to be generated through Time Evaluation.

Study time operation PPINC to manage this process.

3. Since Weekly Off used to be set by the Plant Manager previously, with the current system it becomes difficult. Any idea as to how to proceed?

Study time operation PPINC to manage this process.

Cheers