cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of ABAP web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can see that the end point /binding of an ABAP web service is not transported.

Would you have a solution. We cant create a new binding everytime, because the client would not know how to lookup for the web service without a pattern. The second thing is transport is not a one time activity, it happens with every modification.

and we cant be creating a binding every other time.

Third what about production. Production should not be used for making changes.

Do let me know the answers to these questions.

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Olivier pointed out, configuration need to be done on every system and everytime you transport services. Since settings (url, security protocols) are different on different system that;s why they never transported and you need to do it manually everytime you transport service.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot dear folks.

I had already seen an earlier post in the same topic before posting this thread

But what I wanted is a concrete confirmation.

I have noted dwn an actual sap note that clearly answers this.

SAP Note : 1318499

Thanks folks

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish

I am facing same type of problem during designing adobe form. my form is working fine in DEV after that i transported the web service to quality and activated the web service using SICF WSDL file is generated in quality . again i bind the fields of the form with the link generated by QAS but now my form is not working. but earlier work perfectly fine in development .should i have to create web service in all server (DEV ,QAS, PROD)please help.

Regards

Chitta Ranjan Mahato.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing a problem with the webservice transport. The application consuming the service is working fine in CE 7.2 DEV. But after transport to CE 7.2 Quality, there is one service which is resulting in this error.

Invalid Response content type. Server returned code (500) with message <Internal Server Error> and content type <text/html; charset=utf-8>. Http proxy info: none

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Invalid Response content type. Server returned code (500) with message <Internal Server Error> and content type <text/html; charset=utf-8>. Http proxy info: none

For the rest of the services the content type remains as test/xml, only for this service it gets modified to text/html. This is the only difference we could identify. Any help on this is much appreciated.

Moderator Message: Please refrain from cross-posting. You need to raise a new thread because your issue is not the same as as what is being discussed in this thread. It just makes it easier for other users when searching for help as well. Please refer to the [Rules of Engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] on SCN when asking or answering questions

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on Aug 19, 2011 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Endpoint/binding is the runtime configuration and so by nature is different for a development, a quality or a production system.

Therefore it would be completely illogical to tranport this runtime configuration.

It has to be done on each system.

Regards,

Olivier