Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Response Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup the following scenario:

Create PO in EBP --> XI --> Webservice

In the Repository I have set up both the outbound and inbound message interfaces as Synchronous. The interface mapping has been setup to map both the request and response messages.

In the Directory I have set up the SOAP receiver adapter and the receiver/interface determination and receiver agreement for EBP as the sender system and the external webservice as the receiver party/service.

When I create a purchase order in EBP the webservice is called successfully and the PO gets created on the target system. The webservice returns a response message which I am expecting to see via SXMB_MONI but is not currently showing!! Is there some Directory configuration that I am missing?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark Briggs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. qos is Syn.

2.call is made successfully.

in sxmb_moni, record is removed. this is by design. You have chance to confirm this using rwb. From there, you can see calls (inbound and outbound ) were sucessful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot see the response message in either SXMB_MONI or Runtime Workbench.

Do I need additional configuration in the Directory to handle the webservice response message?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your Webservice wsdl is having both Request and Response message ?

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

>>>>n the Repository I have set up both the outbound and inbound message interfaces as Synchronous

is your scenario sync or async?

do the ID config with ID wizzard if you're not sure

if will guide you

if you have a sync scenario you shoudl see and error

if you have no response withint the timeout

do you see that in the calling application or in the XI ?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal

Thanks for your reply.

>>is your scenario sync or async?

The inbound and outbound message interfaces are both set to Synchronous but because I am using the SOAP receiver adapter the the message seems to be sent using Quality of Service 'Exactly Once In Order'. Should I still expect to see the response message in the Message Monitor?

Regards

Mark

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you see in the message the quality of service "exactly once in order" the processing is async and therefore you cannot see any response.

The QoS is not dependend from the interface type, the sender system or sender adapter provide the QoS.

How do you send the PO from EBP, it is an IDOC? In that case you need a BPM to create a sync call, as an IDOC is always async.

Regards

Stefan