SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HE&R Solution Academic Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to adapt the academic structure concept in Turkey to the HE&R Solution. Because higher education system in Turkey is different from US, Canada and Europa systems, we are having some difficulties to find the exact matches of academic structural units (like program, program of study, major, minor, specialization, etc.) and the activities which can be done (changing/replacing/deleting a program/major/minor) in HE&R Solution.

We would be very glad if someone can help us to find an exact map of relations and inform us about the utility of activities stated above according to different conditions.

Regards,

Kerem

3 REPLIES 3

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its been bit difficult to answer your question as i am not sure what are the terminologies you are using for the org units listed in message .

If you are looking for definition, these are given below:

Teaching Centre : Teaching Centre represent highest organisationa unit in SLCM module. For example...Institute of Management.

A program is an approved combination of academic activities (lectures, tutorials, and practical sessions) that satisfies the requirements for a degree. A program (object type SC) is offered by an organizational unit (object type O), and consists of modules (object type SM) and/or module groups (object type CG).

Module groups are Combination of modules that enable you to structure a program of study.

Module is a combination of business event types and the associated rules, which can be used in several programs.

For more details refer the SAP document on same.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e061f436-ee5a-2b10-f1bb-adeeca2e7...

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

We have searched all of the documents we could find, unfortunately including the one you have sent but they were not enough and also you are right that it is very difficult for me to inform you exactly about the higher education system in Turkey. I think we need a map or something like a schema showing the order and relationship between the terms of academic structure.

Thanks anyway for your helpfulness.

Best Regards,

Kerem

0 Kudos

Dear Kerem,

Tell me if am wrong, you wanted to understand the relationship between different org units in SLCM. In that case refer the page no 10, 15 and 24 in the book provided in the url. Hope it might help.

Warm regards

Vinod Kumar