cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding table then refresh problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am loading a file into an alv binding it to the alv. then i delete the record from the alv, then i upload it back to the alv... but this time i dont see the record in the alv grid. It is still in the db tables.. i have to re run the program or refresh the page to see the record.

so my question is do i need to do a refresh? How do i do a refresh? Why is it like that when i do it a 3rd time i dont see the record on the alv grid.. thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap,

I think you need not refresh the prog all the time. Make sure that after each change (new file upload), you are taking new file data in the internal table and binding that internal table to the context where ALV is linked.

Key is to bind the data you want to disaply in the ALV (i.e. latest data) to the context node.

Regards,

Saket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean i did, because when i uploaded the file i see it in the alv. then i deleted it, i see it in the alv. then i added it again, during debugging i see data being binded passed to alv, but i dont see it on the grid. Only until i refresh the browser

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think the problem is with no of visible lines. When you delete 1 row, it displays 1 row less than the previous one. May be because of this it displays less row/rows. But record exists in the ALV context node.

Try changing the no of visible rows after every new upload.

Regards,

Saket.