cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Report: Validation to be placed on SAVE & Submit button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come up with requirement in Travel Expense report creation.

As you all know after filling expense report we have two options available

1 SAVE

2 SAVE & SEND FOR APPROVAL

I need to put few validation when user is clicks on "SAVE & SEND FOR APPROVAL" .

Please let me know how can it be achieved.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved By Own

Former Member
0 Kudos

With all due repsect, please dont close a post like that.

I am stuck at a similar problem where I need to do the validation at the backend and the frontend level as well.

Backend has been told by someone just above your post... But what about the frontend, how should i make the validation at the frontend ???

Please can you reply here as how you did the validation at the frontend that is from Portal.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also in need of having an up-front validation to allow only certain internal orders to be valid for the expense entries.

However I do not see anyplace in the configuration for defining such a validation.

Any direction regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

You can put validation in User Exit u2018EXIT_SAPMP56T_002u2019 under project u2018YFX00030u2019 (T. code CMOD).

You get all the trip data in this exit and according to your Business logic you can put the validation and make user to correct entry before saving.

Please use Exit u201CEXIT_SAPMP56T_003u201D for Sending for Approval. In this you can populate a Pop up message and can ask user that if he wants to send the trip for approval. If user clicks u201CYesu201D, trigger the workflow by calling the FM u2018SWE_EVENT_CREATEu2019 and passing the event and the object type..

Hope this help!

Vaibhav