cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling units were changed. Cancellation no longer possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Iam trying to reverse goods movement using VL09 transaction code.

System shows an error "Handling units were changed. Cancellation no longer possible".

Following is the history

Ii have a purchase order, outbound del with HU, inbound delivery with HU.

Due to some reason I have unassigned HU in inbound delivery and inb del has been deleted from system.

Then i tried to reverse the PGI doc for outbound del with tcode VL09

Please advice

regards

satyaprasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

In this scenario, you can't reverse the Goods Issue. In the process the HU from the Outbound delivery is reassigned to the Inbound delivery and therefore changed (assignment is now to inbound delivery and no longer to the outbound). Even you've cancelled the assignment to the inbound delivery and deleted it, you can no longer reset the assignment to the outbound delivery so that you can reverse it (other than by updating the HU tables directly). In this case you should complete the stock transfer and if you still want to reverse, then do a full stock transfer in the reverse direction. Although you deleted the inbound delivery you can manually create a new one and assign the HUs to it. This is basically what the SAP note is telling you.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your last comment i have created inbound delivery manually and then revresed the whole process. Thanks for your advice

By the way are you talking about SAP note 1270657?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Glad you could fix the problem.

Rgds

Richard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you want to reverse the stock transfer, you must trigger a stock

transfer process in the opposite direction. Please see oss note 1270657 which provides workaround

regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your advice i tried steps(below) mentioned in SAPnotes but still Iam getting same error.

Please advice

1. Call transaction VL32N for processing inbound deliveries and search for the inbound delivery that is assigned to the outbound delivery which is to be reversed. For this purpose, use the search help E external delivery number of the vendor and enter "*<delivery number>" as the search criterion (the placeholder * is required because the delivery number has leading zeros).

2. If the delivery contains handling units, go to the packaging screen. The next steps depend on whether handling unit management is active:

If handling unit management is inactive, delete the handling units of the inbound delivery.

If handling unit management is active, delete the assignment of the handling unit to the inbound delivery using the corresponding function. The handling units are then assigned again to the previous outbound delivery.

3. Delete the inbound delivery.