Did you mean: 

Daily per diem handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My per diem requirements are as below:

Example scenario:

Travel from Singapore >Bangkok>Japan>Singapore

Employee travels from Singapore on 17.12.2009 and arrives in Bangkok on the same day.

Flies from Bangkok on 18.12.2009 and arrives in Japan on the same day.

Flies from Japan on 20.12.2009 and arrives in Singapore on the same day

Singapore is home country.

The per diem requirement is that each country travelled will have their own per diem value:

Bangkok= $60

Japan= $80

The total per diem claim is $60(17.12.2009) + $60(18.12.2009) + $80(19.12.2009) + $80(20.12.2009) = $280

On 18.12.2009, the per diem taken into account is the point of departure for multi destination scenarios.

Time of travel is not taken into account.

In Travel Management, I see that there are only 2 types of per diems, meals and accomodation. Is it possible to handle the above requirements with any of them? My requirement requires auto calculation of per diems by keying in the from and to dates. Any other proposed solutions are welcomed too.

Please help if possible. Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric

We had the same problem and sent a note to SAP. They replied the system is working as designed. If we wanted it to work this way we would need to put in a dev request for a future release.

I know that doesn't help. We had people in Europe that create a monthly report but put in for daily per diems but they don't travel daily. We had to have them put in expense reports for each day of travel.

We were also trying to use times as well as dates for the calculation.

Hope that helps.

Edited by: RWW on Dec 18, 2009 4:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RWW,

Thanks for your insights. How did you meet those requirements in the end?

Best regards,

Eric

Answers (0)