cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Oracle Applications from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have my one of clients requirement in XI.We need to call Oracle applications from XI.Can anybody tell me,Is it possible to call Oracle applications using JDBC adapter. As for my knowledge Oracle uses Open Interface tables avaialbel as API's to post the data into Oracle.

Can anybody give the documentation and comments on this.

Regards

Usman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is Oracle DB then you can go with standard JDBC adapter and you can continue.

If it is a Oracle application, then I think you can go with WebService and achieve the same.

XI to DataBase using JDBC Receiver Adapter-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Similar Discussion , but oracle application to XI..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

you can use either <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm">JDBC adaper</a> or <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">HTTP adapter</a>.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

This link will answer your question!

Hope this helps you!

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I think if i use JDBC adapter i can't call using JDBC adapter i can make DDL,DML & functions or Stored procedures.But i can't call at application level using JDBC.I already mentioned suppose if i am triggering the Oracle APPs application to XI then how can data will recieve in Oracle.

Here i need to call Oracle Open API not the normal tables or functions.

Ok can you tell me whats the difference between iWay Oracle application adapter and normal JDBC adapter.

Regards

Usman

regards

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Usman

I think it is impossible to call oracle Open API by XI,

because the integration of A2A or B2B if using XI as the middleware,you have to use adapter,but all of adapters in XI are not available for you requirement.

But maybe you can try to using HTTP adapter i think.

Best Wishes.

Amanda

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

Have a look into my ealier post.. It tells about Webservice and if so , you can configure here SOAP Reciever Adapter to invoke Oracle APplications via WebServices..

<i>difference between iWay Oracle application adapter and normal JDBC adapter.</i>

In simpler terms ,JDBC adapter is inbuilt to XI but iWAY Oracle adapter is External adapters/thirdparty adapters.

Check this thread about iWAY adapters-

For more information about , see SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/netweaver ->SAP NetWeaver in Detail -> Process Integration -> SAP Exchange Infrastructure -> SAP XI in Detail ->Connectivity.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murthy,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Murthy,I just want the technical differences between iWay adapter and JDBC .

I don't know how Oracle applications will available. Suppose if my Oracle application is not supporting the Webservices. Currently my clients Oracle applications running in Oracle FI& Oracle Apps.To import or export the data from this Oracle ERP,they are using Oracle open API to imort the data into tables with help validation&Error handing.

So to import data into this Open API,how can use XI as middle layer.But i am thinking of any otherway avaialle to avoid the iway adapater.

I need to give the different ways of possibilties to client.

Regards

usman