cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Document Builder to SRM (wihtout using PPS or XI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using SRM 7.0 and I want to use the Document builder with SRM without activation the PPS (Procurement for Public Sector) business scenario and without XI.

I looked at some documentation at the service market place

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000676863&;

and also found the Wiki entry:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/DocBuilder/DocumentBuilder3ContentConfiguration+Guide

But the first seem to imply the use of PPS, and the second one describes the configuration of a stand-alone mode, which means that Document Builder is not integrated to another component.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to integrate the document builder into SRM without using PPS or XI?

Thanks very much.

Regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think solution is only custom integration.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman , i thank you for your reply.
Indeed i managed to generate the word document, a basic one in fact, but now i want to connect the document builder with the SRM system. In fact i need to define external variables. Those variables must be generated automatically by the document builder from the SRM system .

Can you help me

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any solution on this? It seems web service method cannot return the attachments from Doc builder to SRM. Can we implement that by PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI to all. Yes I have solution to integrate DocB with any sap module without PI. Not need to activate SRM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, Roman, for creating the helpful instructions on integrating Document Builder with HCM using Web Services (Cross-application synchronized integration - SAP Document Builder - SCN Wiki).

Document Builder can be integrated to any SAP application in a similar fashion to how Roman describes in his link; however, in the case of SRM with Procurement for Public Sector (PPS) there is out-of-the-box configurable integration available that shortcuts this process.  Licensed PPS customers can access the PPS integration aide by activating the PPS switch.

Best regards,

Maxine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am currently working on the integration of the document builder with SRM (without the PPS) . I will be grateful if you could help me with you share your feed back, experience and docs

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thank you for your reply

can you please share with me how  you did it how it works ? because i'm blocked in this step

roman_velichko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, OUISSAM.

You have to configure you DocB document, test it in DocB App. Than closely look to my post in wiki and you can see that input parameter for Z* program is XML with filled data to Document.

If you do all right you will see generated WORD document in fontend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has the exact requirement to integrate Document Builder with SRM without PPS or PI (XI). I am wondering if you have implemented the same integration. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could share some of your experiences or conclusion in this regard.

Thanks!

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We also have the same requirement of integrating the document builder with SRM without activating the PPS.

Can you please provide some information on the solution for this.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal