cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC segments version problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to convert an incoming DESADV.DELVRY03 idoc to a flat structure. Everything was working fine when all of a sudden the E1EDL segements started getting converted to E2EDL in the target. I checked IDX2 and saw the metadata description has not changed, I even deleted the metadata and reimported but still i get only the newer E2EDL version and not the E1EDL. What is the reason for this and how can i fix this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldnt fix it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u Check in WE05 (in ECC) how the IDOC looks like? Does it show it as E1EDL or E1ED2L .??

If ECC also shows E1EDL; & PI shows it as E2EDL, then you might consider doing a delete of metadata using IDX_RESET_METADATA program.

If it is E2EDL in ECC, then there is some problem during IDOC generation by itself in ECC.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the input.

I can see the field is E1EDL20 in ECC and also after it reaches PI. Its only after the mapping that it gets converted to E2EDL20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

IDX_RESET_METADATA does delete the entry in IDX2 and i reimported the metadata but i still get the same results in SXI_MAPPING_TEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This deletion of meta data is only if there is any inconsistency between ECC Idoc structure and PI Idoc structure.

Bu in your case the problem is with the mapping.Can you check the message mapping thoroughly and also the target structure at the receiver sides.

Thanks,

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the standard ABAP mapping to convert from the IDOC to the flat structure. And the program was working fine and nothing's changed in the program.

Since the program retrieves the metadata loaded to create the flat structure, i was guessing reloading the metadata would fix the problem but unfortunately it didnt.