cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do mapping based on value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on a file-bapi -r/3 synchronous scenario.

From SAP R/3, if error response is coming then we are supposed to write in a file and keep on to some location.

If response is successful then need not write to the files, only for error responses we have to write on the files and give it to the client. How do we filter the response messages as it will contain both the successful and un successful messages and we are only interested to get the error responses.

Please help me with the mapping as how to check the type 'E' and map accordingly? Do I have to go fr context change as well?

I will appreciate each n every answer.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

As per your requirement,I feel definitely it can be handled at mapping level.Just try the same suggested above to create the response structure if TYpe=E else donot.

Something like this TYPE==Constant(E)>Create>Response_Node.

One more thing how are you making the File-RFC-File synchronous scenario. It's Async to Sync bridge, so either you have to handle the RFC response to file by BPM or by request response one way bean.

I believe the below link will be very helpful for you.Kindly check this out.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)

Thanks

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viru,

Please explain how/where you want to create the file? I have came across a similar type of requirement.

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Bapi return there is field called TYPE, this holds information (Message type: S Success, E Error, W Warning, I Info, A Abort). In response message mapping check if Type= 'E' if it is then create target message else don't create target message at all. In receiver file adapter, in Processing Parameter for field Empty message handling choose option Ignore.

Thanks,

Venky

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veeru,

Try to get response at mapping level only,use RFC Lookup,and based on response you can check the condition at Receievr determination /enhanced receiver determination,and based on that you can route your message.

I am not clear about your requirement,explain bit clearly.

Regards,

Raj