Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 3.0 to SRM 7.0 with Unicode Conversion and Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to adopt Combined Unicode and Upgrade Approach for SRM 3.0 i.e. to convert it to Unicode and Upgrade to SRM 7.0 ?

It is ofcourse, possible for R3 4.x to ECC 5.0 , but so far, I don't see any specific input about the SRM 3.0 Non-Unicode.

Time being a major constraint, we plan to adopt this CUnUC , but the resources on smp/unicode is very limited for SRM 3.0 non-unicode - if not zero. There's link for SRM 4.0 , but not for SRM 3.0.

If that approach is possible, can anyone pl. provide links to resources for this specific version of SRM 3.0 unicode conversion ?

Other option would be to upgrade SRM 3.0 Non-Unicode to SRM 4.0 Non-Unicode and then go for CUnUC to SRM 7.0 ..however, it would require more time and resources.

Any / All Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

- Ishan

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ishan,

please have a look at SAP note 928729.

The CU&UC procedure for SRM 3.0 is available on project basis only.

However I assume, that your SRM system is NOT MDMP... ?

In this case, you can do the upgrade first and then do the Unicode conversion on the same weekend.

The CU&UC approach is based on the same principle - sequential upgrade and then a "normal" Unicode conversion on the target release.

The difference for single code page systems is mainly the creation of the Unicode nametab on the target release, which adds some time to the downtime. However I assume that this is only a few hours.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG