SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Down Payments Linked to POs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to post a Vendor Down Payment linked to a PO...as follows....ME21N-PO with Advance noted on Inovice tab....ME2DP-Down Payment Monitoring...F-47-Down Payment Request...generates 1 line item, noted/non-financial...all is fine to this point. Next step is to post F-48-Down Payment...get an error message..."Offsetting Budgetary Ledger Account not Derived". We have set up a Budgetary Ledger Area called ZCA1-Budgetary Accounts-Actuals-PO Down Payments with derivation of the correct Budgetary Ledger Account and related Budgetary Ledger Offset Account for Budget Status 0040, and other Budget related criteria. No matter what I do, I can not get past this error....I have tried other derivation rules in Commitment/Actual Updates, and have tried various combinations of Commitment Items.

Does anyone out here use this functionality and have any guidance? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

Marc

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

You can't just put in an entry for Budget Status 0040, you must put in one for 0020 as well. Additionally, if you go into the BL configuration, you can activate the trace functionality by clicking on the Test button and clicking the 'Trace' button. The next time you try to post the document, it will bring you into a screen where you can evaluate the problems your having.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the trace tool, and have been using it all along. My real question is....what triggers the system to recognize a Budget Status 0040? Is it a particular transaction, i.e., Posting with Clearing, a particular Commitment Item combination, or something else....?

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Marc